Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Skip Tracing- Obtaining Forwarding Addresses

I have three "skips". Two are a couple who owned ahouse together and the third owned a house by herself. I've done my thing, but can't find these people despite the fact that all parties continue to own their residential homesteaded properties and maintain driver's licenses at their last known addresses. And yet, they are not there.

All skips are involved in mortgage forclosures, if that helps explains things abit. I would like to know where their mail is going, if anywhere. This is not for a civil court proceding, so filling out the form at the post office requesting aforwarding address is not an option. Have any of you used the, "Do Not Forward, ForwardingAddress Correction Requested" routine where you send something to them in the mail and secretly hope thatthe letter comes back with a good address?

If so, did it work? Is there a specific way or manner to write the above? Any downside that I should be aware of? -TG

Gulf Shores Alabama Private Investigator


I've used it a couple of million times and almost, but not always, get either the forwarding address or a note on the returned envelope saying "forwarding order expired."I also always put a letter inside addressed to the skip urging them to call me or giving them some incentive to contact me, just in case the post office forwards the letter instead of returning it, or delivers it to the address because they are still recieving mail at that address. -SB

This has worked for me in a few fugitive investigations

No comments: